Give 'em pumpkin to talk about with these Halloween ideas (+ subject lines)
Although it might be hard to believe that Halloween is fast approaching (insert joke about it still being March here), it’s almost time to head to the store to grab yourselves some pumpkins, and to stock up on sweets for the trick or treaters!
Like crafting the perfect pumpkin, there’s an art to crafting the perfect Halloween email. A cauldron of creativity, a splash of magic, and dash of spooky and a flash of fun can be the difference between an average email and a scarily good email.
ADSA nailed Halloween when they sent this spooktacular email which got spookier as Halloween got closer. A very simple idea that’s easy to execute. The email changed three times during the day, serving different products and articles in each image swap whilst also growing spookier. Magic!
Other fangtastic Halloween ideas include:
- Creepy gifs – lightning flashes or animated pumpkins for the win
- A ‘spin the wheel’ gif with options for tricks or treats (click through to a treat-themed page or an offer)
- A countdown timer to the witching hour (or the end of your Halloween treat)
- Deals and offers based on the time of open, like this example from Topman:
- Try a strange number for a discount 13% off or 31% off or 66% off – eye-catching and enticing:
- Add name personalization over images using a spooky font, like this example:
- Pull social content into your email so it features the latest creepy content direct from your Twitter or Instagram
- Encourage in-store shopping by including a nearest store map:
- Include Halloween product recommendations/content where possible
If those ideas don’t bob your apple, you might like these subject lines:
- Trick or treat yo' self
- Give 'em pumpkin to talk about
- Creep it real
- Life is gourd
- Lift your spirits
- Too cute to spook
- A scare is born
- Basic witches
- Witch better have my candy
- What's up witches
- No resting witch face with these offers
- Bugs and hisses
- The ghostess with the mostest
- If you've got it, haunt it
- I'm here for the boos
- Where my ghouls at?
- Boo Felicia
- Romeo and Ghouliet
- Fangs for the memories
- A deal to die for
Whatever you've got planned this Halloween, we hope it's ghoulishly good.